Preemo is looking for an entry-level technician to join our TechBar Team
Please read the entire post in detail, and make sure to reply with all information requested.
A Little Bit About Preemo:
Preemo makes technology simple for 100+ businesses throughout Miami. We have grown exponentially over the past 4 years as a direct result of delivering an unparalleled customer experience. This is a direct result of having a knowledgeable, hard-working team of technology experts who provide quality IT solutions.
We maintain a fun, team-driven culture which fosters accelerated individual growth, and propels our company forward.
Preemo IT Support Techs are:
- Self-Motivated: You understand assigned goals and objectives, and take pride in seeing them completed quickly and efficiently. You’re driven, even when no one is watching. Especially then.
- Exceptional Communicators: You are able to communicate diplomatically and consistently with internal teams and clients.
- Tech Savvy, Tech Smart: You’ve been tinkering with computers from a young age, track tech trends and products, and understand how to leverage technology. You are able to execute and prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Team Players: Comfortable providing constructive input and ideas to grow the organization, and you welcome feedback. “That’s not my job.” – Isn’t in your vocabulary
- Hungry for Growth: You thirst for more — learning, achievement, and expertise. You enjoy exploring new products and services, and crave expanding your knowledge base for the benefit of your team, and for yourself.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Perform diagnostic of customer computers & determine best course of action & cost
- Communicate with customers regarding diagnostic, estimate, and status of repair/project
- Bench work (ie, hardware installation & repair, optimization, virus removal, possible server build-outs, etc)
- Use ticketing software to track customer repairs
- Provide remote & on-site support to customers as needed
- Close incidents within recommended service times
- Properly document all support calls
- Adhere to quality standards
- Provide feedback on tool, process, and business improvements to customers
- Represent the company in a professional & ethical manner
Important required skills include:
- Excellent written & oral communication skills; second language a plus
- Can communicate technical concepts in layman’s terms
- Excellent customer interaction skills
- Ability to manage projects & track multiple customer issues (via ticketing software)
- Self-starter with an ability to work unsupervised
- Professional Appearance
- High level of integrity
Required knowledge includes:
- All versions of Windows (XP/Vista/7)
- All Mac OSX
- Virus Removal
- Optimization & Tune-Up
- Hardware Installation (Laptop & Desktop, keyboard, DC Jack, mouse)
- Wireless Networking, Installation, & Configuration
- Printer Setup & Troubleshooting
Additional desired knowledge (not required):
- Laptop LCD Replacement
- iPhone & iPad Repair
- Repair of other mobile & tablet devices
- Wireless Network Extension, Access Point Configuration
Important Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 1-2 years of related experience, including customer service
- Hardware & software technical support experience
- Troubleshooting Windows (all versions) on the registry level
- Home networking including switches, routers, printers, and wireless
- Internet connectivity using cable, DSL, satellite, and dial-up
- Consumer & business peripherals including printers, scanners, faxes, MP3 players, digital cameras, mobile phones, and PDAs
- Internet & malware security
- Courses in technology-related fields and customer service
- MCP, A+, N+, Security +, HDI Support Center Analyst or other relevant certification a HUGE PLUS.
You must have a reliable form of transportation, a valid Florida driver’s license, and proof of insurance that meets the minimum requirements of the State of Florida.
We place a strong emphasis on your past references, and your ability to work well with others. Please provide a minimum of 2-3 professional references.
The position pays $8-15/hour, depending on experience, certification, references, and interview. 40 Hours/Week Guaranteed. We offer extensive growth opportunity within the organization that includes scholarships for additional certifications and in-house training to boost your skills. We also offer a competitive bonus structure, based on performance and client reviews of your customer service.
Are you ready to join the Preemo revolution? We can’t wait to meet you.